The title page should:
- present a title that includes, if appropriate, the study design e.g.:
- list the full names and institutional addresses for all authors
- indicate the corresponding author
The abstract should not exceed 350 words. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract. The abstract must include the following separate sections:
- Background: why the case should be reported and its novelty
- Case presentation: a brief description of the patient’s clinical and demographic details, the diagnosis, any interventions and the outcomes
- Conclusions: a brief summary of the clinical impact or potential implications of the case report
Three to six keywords representing the main content of the article.
The Background section should explain the background to the case report or study, its aims, a summary of the existing literature.
This section should include a description of the patient’s relevant demographic details, medical history, symptoms and signs, treatment or intervention, outcomes and any other significant details.
This should state clearly the main conclusions and include an explanation of their relevance or importance to the field.
List of abbreviations
If abbreviations are used in the text they should be defined in the text at first use, and a list of abbreviations should be provided.